We are using the Flymaster F6 upgraded tracker for the X-Lakes this year.
In the unlikely event of a main tracker failure the following backups can be used.
Phone running XC Track (Android)
In order to record a complete track of hiking and flying, you can set XC Track to save a continuous track even when you’re standing still.
- In XC Track go to Preferences
- Automatic Actions
- Select Landing Detection and choose “No Detection”
- Select Takeoff Speed amd choose 1.0 km/h
(FlySkyHy has a similar function: Switch off ‘auto end flight’ in ‘Settings’> ‘Other’. Also ensure that your iphone is not in low power mode)
iPhone running FlySkyHy
For Apple iPhone users running FlySkyHy you need to switch OFF the Auto Start/Stop in Settings.
Garmin Inreach Mini
- Switch on Tracking
- Click OK in tracking screen and scroll down to Setup
- Make sure Log Interval is set to 1 second. This records the track internally in the device.
- Once you have finished the race the Garmin will sync with your Online account at https://explore.garmin.com/Map
- You can then select the relevant track and export it as a gpx file.
The following video shows how this works.